Dyspraxia blog

Friday, September 09, 2005

Forums

Having done a search on google for dyspraxia, the first thing I've noticed is that the top websites are largely aimed at parents looking after children with the condition. However for older dyspraxics, in their teenage years or adulthood who are looking for self-help, assistance is also at hand. I've added a number of links to useful websites I've discovered to the right-hand side of this blog page.

A good starting point are the forums, as there's the opportunity to read about the experiences of fellow dyspraxics, and certainly from my point of view, it's this that provides some of the greatest revalations as to what elements of you as a person are affected by dyspraxia. There are two (largely UK based) forums that I've come across thus far. Firstly, the Dyspraxic Teens forum, the members of which were used as compelling source material for Caged in Chaos, so I believe. There's also an adults discussion forum on yahoo groups, which although moderated (no bad thing in my opinion) is very active.

I'm still testing the water of the online dyspraxic community, but so far the results have been promising. I'll add more links and review more sites as I find them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home